Solomons was founded in 1790 by Saul Solomon as a sole trader who commenced his operation with a general store and boarding house, later adding legal and insurance services to his growing list of business ventures. At this time, St Helena was a hub of transatlantic trade, with over 1000 ships visiting her docks annually, and a swelling population of over 8000 Saints.
Solomons survives to this day, strategically adding a wide range of services and properties, and has grown to have the island’s largest commercial retail footprint. As the times have changed, Solomons continues to evolve and innovate, continuing the over 200 year legacy of Saul Solomon.History Board
Serving our customers through sustainable business, for the benefit of our Company and Island